Invitation to participate in the 6th JNEC Open Football Tournament – 2020
We are pleased to inform you that the popular annual football tournament, JNEC Open Football Tournament will be organized from February 21st, 2020 to commemorate the 40th Birth Anniversary of His Majesty Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck and the 46th Foundation Day of the College with the theme, “Empowering youth through sports: To become agents of change”. The event is also expected to promote the importance of health and wellbeing through sports and physical activities.
Therefore, we would like to invite interested team(s) from your organization to participate in the tournament and celebrate the important occasions together. The details of the event are as follows:
- Last date of registration: 18th Feb, 2020 (on or before 3 PM)
- Tournament mode: League cum Knockout
- Meeting and fixture finalization: 19th Feb, 2020 (Afternoon from 2 PM)
- Total number of players: 18 (including 1 Team Manager)
- Entry fee: 10,000/team
- Venue: Thangzor Sports Complex, JNEC, Dewathang.
- Winners: 70,000/- with rolling trophy and individual memento.
- Runners-up: 35,000/- with trophy and individual memento.
- Top scorer: 1,500/- and memento.
Last year, a total of 16 teams from Mongar, Trashigang, Samdrup Jongkhar and Dewathang locality took part in the tournament and Team Sherubtse took a cash prize of Nu. 70,000 and the trophy as 2019 Winners. The annual event was first organized in 2015 and is gaining popularity each year because of the focus given to the spirit of sportsmanship, Fair Play and the manner the tournament is organized.
Technical details will be provided to the teams accordingly during the meeting. For further information/clarification, please contact Mr. Karma Tenzin, Assistant Student Service Officer, Mobile No. 17447795.
Thanking you for your support.